Choosing the right WordPress Security Plugin plays an important role in any online business. A WordPress Plugin provider with a well-designed website does not necessarily mean that their site will be ranked first on Google’s search results.
There are plenty of options available on the WordPress plugin provider market. Normally you would need to choose the best provider that will fulfill all of your requirements in a cost-effective package. Also, you’d need to do some in-depth analysis of all of the WordPress plugin providers that offer what you need. The in-depth analysis includes all parameters that you need to consider when choosing a WordPress plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attack. The most common parameters are listed below:
⦁ Technical support
⦁ Customer reviews
The items mentioned in the list above are a few of the more important parameters that you should consider when selecting a WordPress security Plugin for your business. This article will give you an overall review of the Loginizer WordPress plugin. They are a leading WordPress security plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attack and many more features at an affordable price point. Let’s get started.
Loginizer is a WordPress plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed. You can blacklist or whitelist IPs for login using Loginizer. You can use various other features like Two Factor Auth, reCAPTCHA, PasswordLess Login, etc. to improve security of your website.
What does Loginizer do?
It protects against bruteforce attacks that are aimed at trying different combinations of passwords until they figure out a correct combination and therefore provide the hacker (who launched them) access to your website. Now you may imagine what might happen if your admin account is revealed.
So in order to prevent this from happening you need to take care of some things – first of all don’t use “admin” as a username for any admin account on your website. Second – use as complex passwords as possible. Third – add a protection like Loginizer.
Highlighted below are some of the great features that make Loginizer unique when compared to their competitors in the market:
Pro Features :
- reCAPTCHA – Google’s reCAPTCHA can be configured for the Login screen, Comments Section, Registration Form, etc.
- Two Factor Authentication via Email – On login, an email will be sent to the email address of that account with a temporary 6 digit code to complete your login attempt.
- Two Factor Authentication via App – The user can easily configure the account with a two factor authentication App like Google Authenticator etc.
- Login Challenge Question – The user can easily setup a Challenge Question and Answer as an additional security layer which will be asked after Login.
- Rename Login Page – The Admin can rename the login URL (slug) to something different from wp-login.php to prevent security attacks.
- Rename WP-Admin URL – The Admin area in WordPress is accessed via wp-admin. With loginizer you can change it to anything e.g. site-admin
- Rename Login with Secrecy – If set, then all Login URL’s will still point to wp-login.php and users will have to access the New Login Slug by typing it in the browser.
- MD5 Checksum – It checks all core WordPress files for any modifications. If any core file is hacked admin will be reported. Admin can check and ignore files as well.
- PasswordLess Login – At the time of Login, the username / email address will be asked and an email will be sent to the email address of that account with a temporary link to login.
- Disable XML-RPC – An option to simply disable XML-RPC in WordPress to prevent automated brute force attacks.
- Rename XML-RPC – The Admin can rename the XML-RPC to prevent automated brute force attacks.
- Username Auto Blacklist – You can smartly specify some username here and Loginizer will auto-blacklist the IP Address(s) of clients who try to use such username(s).
- New Registration Domain Blacklist – If you would like to ban new registrations from a particular domain, you can use this feature smartly to do so.
- Change the Admin Username – Admin can easily rename the admin username.
- Auto Blacklist IPs – IPs will be auto blacklisted.
- Disable Pingbacks – Easy way to disable PingBacks.
Features in Loginizer Free version include:
- Brute Force protection
- Easily Blocks IP after maximum retries allowed
- Extended Lockout after maximum lockouts allowed
- Email notification to admin after max lockouts
- Blacklist IP/IP range
- Whitelist IP/IP range
- Check logs of failed attempts
- Create IP ranges
- Delete IP ranges
- Licensed under GNU GPL version 3
- Safe & Secure
Loginizer has an excellent support team that can be reached anytime via email support system. In my experience, they proved themselves to be very helpful and quick to respond. They resolved every last problem that I had set up.
Loginizer is one of the few WordPress security plugins that offers full 24/7 email support. I have found their support department to be very quick to solve issues, especially when it comes to handling site-specific issues or anything other than answering generic tech queries.
Loginizer proudly claims themselves as one of the most cost-effective WordPress security plugin on the whole market. And to be fair, they do a pretty good job of keeping that claim factual.
Something that makes this WordPress plugin unique is that their prices are displayed clearly and openly on its website for their visitor. I think Loginizer deserves the praise for doing this. In fact, on most screen resolutions and layouts, you can actually see their plan pricing without even scrolling down on the page! Additionally, their features are laid out clearly for potential customers to read and see if Loginizer’s plans are right for them.
None of Loginizer’s competitors have this level and type of transparency. Other competitors will hide the prices or make you sign up before you can even see them. This is often done to sneak in hidden charges that they don’t want to reveal until they’ve gotten you to register (and partially commit to going with them).
The image below shows the starting prices for each type of plans at Loginizer.
I have tested more than 6 similar WordPress security plugins in the past at Techozens.com – Loginizer is easily one of the top in terms of security & quality, by far.
For the purpose of this review, I have used Loginizer for a total of three months so far. Within that time frame, I am more than satisfied with my experience. There was no drawback up to this point, to be exact. It was easy to set up thanks to their support team, and the processing power was on-par with other similar WordPress Plugins.
With all of this in mind, let’s get down to the big question: “Would we recommend it?”
And the answer to this is a resounding and absolute “YES”. Loginizer is a value-oriented, transparent, and highly-reputable WordPress security plugin for any business or influencer website trying to increase their website security by using Loginizer’s secure and trusted WordPress Plugin.
For the purpose of this review, I have used Loginizer for a total of three months. And within that time frame, I experienced growth on my webpage security, as well as good speed, solid reliability, outstanding support, and a good price to top it all off.
We also definitely recommend Loginizer to anyone who is looking for a simple, great secure WordPress security plugin. They provide fast , great support, and good features. All of these are provided at an incredibly low price (for what you get) without compromising on quality. You will rarely find a WordPress plugin offering these same great services at a lower price, and Loginizer is one-of-a-kind in that regard.
For any of our readers who skipped straight to the bottom of this review to get a TL;DR, look no further. You can also take this section as a quick summary of Loginizer’s service quality across its most important components.
Here’s how Loginizer scored:
Features: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Safety / Security: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Ease of Use: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Price: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Support: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Growth: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Final Score: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)