Backuply Review: The Best & Trusted WordPress Backup Plugin
Choosing the right WordPress Backup Plugin plays an important role in any online business. A WordPress Backup Plugin with a well-designed website does not necessarily mean that their site will be ranked first on Google’s search results.
There are plenty of options available on the WordPress Backup Plugin provider market. Ideally, you would need to choose the best provider that will fulfill all of your requirements in a cost-effective package. Also, you’d need to do some in-depth analysis of all of the WordPress Backup Plugin that offer what you need. The in-depth analysis includes all parameters that you need to consider when choosing a WordPress Backup Plugin. The most common parameters are listed below:
⦁ Technical support
⦁ Customer reviews
The items mentioned in the list above are a few of the more important parameters that you should consider when selecting a WordPress Backup Plugin for your business. This article will give you an overall review of the Backuply, WordPress Backup Plugin. They are a leading WordPress Backup Plugin that provides several features and services at an affordable price point. Let’s get started.
Backuply is a WordPress plugin that helps you back up your WordPress website, saving you from loss of data because of server crashes, hacks, dodgy updates, or bad plugins.
Backuply comes with Local Backups and Secure Cloud backups with easy integrations with FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3 and easy One-click restoration.
- An all-inclusive WordPress website backup and restore solution.
- Straightforward and quick setup and configuration. Creating data storage with Backuply requires only a few minutes.
- Ability to backup or migrate websites of any size, without downtime or impact on the website performance.
- Allows to backup and restore separately chosen files and database files, or a website as a whole.
- Supports backup scheduling (monthly, weekly, daily, or even hourly basis).
- Constant access to stored data and the option to restore the data thanks to the one-click auto-recovery feature.
- Facilitates WordPress website backup into a wide range of cloud storage options, including Google Drive, FTP, WebDAV, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, and many more.
- Responsive and knowledgeable customer service to address any issues or queries.
- Supported by online tutorials and product documentation.
Highlighted below are some of the great features that make Backuply unique when compared to their competitors in the market:
- Local Backups: Back up your whole website locally, with faster backup and restore times and greater control over access to the stored data.
- One-Click Restore: This feature makes it easy and quick to undo changes to your website and data, and restores the website back to a known good state. Just click Restore Button and a pop-up will appear to complete. One-click, several minutes and you have a ready restored WordPress website.
- Selective Backup: This lets you choose to have a full backup and make only a copy of your website’s database, files, content, webpages, images, and so on.
- Set up FTP Backups: Enables to make easy and secure backups by using FTP.
- Backup to Google Drive: Supports backup Google Drive cloud storage.
- Site-To-Site Migration: Offers straightforward and fast WordPress website migration feature. Backuply makes a database-enabled file of your entire WordPress installation so you may migrate your website to any host or domain.
- Website Clone Migration: Allows making multiple clones of a website. Backuply will restore the whole data of the website, by changing URLs per cloned and migrated website. Thus, you can create multiple clones of the websites with the whole database, but with different domains and URLs.
Backuply has an excellent support team that can be reached anytime via live chat or support ticket system. In my experience, they proved themselves to be very helpful and quick to respond. They resolved every last problem that I had set up.
Backuply is one of the few WordPress Backup Plugin that offers full 24/7 phone, live chat, and email support. I have found their support department to be very quick to solve issues, especially when it comes to handling site-specific issues or anything other than answering generic tech queries.
Backuply proudly claims themselves as one of the most cost-effective WordPress Backup Plugin on the whole market. And to be fair, they do a pretty good job of keeping that claim factual.
Something that makes Backuply unique as a WordPress Backup Plugin service is that their prices are displayed clearly and openly on its website for their visitor. I think Backuply deserves the praise for doing this. In fact, on most screen resolutions and layouts, you can actually see their plan pricing without even scrolling down on the page! Additionally, their features are laid out clearly for potential customers to read and see if Backuply’s plans are right for them.
None of Backuply’s competitors have this level and type of transparency. Other competitors will hide the prices or make you sign up before you can even see them. This is often done to sneak in hidden charges that they don’t want to reveal until they’ve gotten you to register (and partially commit to going with them).
The image below shows the starting prices for each type of plans at Backuply.
Backup, Restore and Migrate with Backuply
As far as we are already aware of the plugin’s main functionalities now it’s high time to learn how to put the plugin into function.
We have already stated the plugin is relatively easy to use and manage compared to those other backup plugins. If you have any doubts, now you will be more than sure about it!
Backing Up WordPress Site
For backing up your WordPress website with Backuply you only need a few clicks of the mouse and several minutes.
You can back app your site both manually and schedule it to be automated.
- For manual backup simply go to Backuply from your WordPress dashboard. In the Backuply Dashboard Tab, you will see Create Backup button. But, before proceeding to back up your site, do not forget to choose what exactly you want to back up from the checkboxes and dropdowns that come before Create button.
It will take you only several minutes, and there you will have your site backed up, at the end simply click the Finish button.
In the Backup History section, you can already see your backup.
- Setting up an automatic scheduled backup is simpler and faster than ever before. Go to Backuply Settings Tab. In Auto Backup Settings there is a dropdown with Auto Backup intervals and rotations.
Choose the time intervals you want to have between automatic backups. Moreover set the maximum number of backups you want to keep and not discard. That’s it! Simply save changes to put them into practice.
Restore WordPress Site
Now, let’s see the magical one-click restore feature in practice.
What is needed from you is to go Backup History Tab of Backuply plugin. There find and choose the backup you want to restore and simply click the Restore button. Leave the plugin to do its work for a few minutes and your website is restored to the version you want. Could you imagine an easier way than this?
Migrating WordPress Website
If compared to the migration feature of other WordPress plugins. No doubt, Backuply offers the best, easiest, fastest, and stress-free way to migrate a website.
- For migrating your website to another WordPress website location, first, you need to have installed and activated the plugin on the location site.
- In the second step, in the location website go to the Backup Locations Tab of Backuply. Add the location of the backup of the main website that you want to migrate.
- Once you add it and fill in all the necessary info in the opened pop-up, click the sync info checkbox, and add the backup location button.
- With the last step go to Backup History Tab find the exact backup and simply click the Restore button, there you have it, and you have migrated WordPress sites.
Backuply is undoubtedly the best and fastest backup solution plugin on the market with a 100% success rate for website restorations.
I have tested more than 3 similar WordPress Backup Plugin in the past at Techozens.com –Backuply is easily one of the top in terms of quality, by far.
For the purpose of this review, I have used Backuply for a total of three months so far. Within that time frame, I am more than satisfied with my experience . There was no drawback up to this point, to be exact. It was easy to set up thanks to their support team, and the processing power was on-par with other WordPress Backup Plugin available on the web.
With all of this in mind, let’s get down to the big question: “Would we recommend it?”
And the answer to this is a resounding and absolute “YES”. Backuply is a value-oriented, transparent, and highly-reputable plugin for any business or influencer trying to use back-up management plugin by using Backuply’s secure and trusted WordPress Backup Plugin.
If you’re looking to a back-up management plugin or your brand by using a trusted backup service, Backuply will do the trick nicely.
We also definitely recommend Backuply to anyone who is looking for a simple, great back-up management plugin. They provide fast, great support, and good features. All of these are provided at an incredibly low price (for what you get) without compromising on quality. You will rarely find a back-up management plugin offering these same great services at a lower price, and Backuply is one-of-a-kind in that regard.
For any of our readers who skipped straight to the bottom of this review to get a TL;DR, look no further. You can also take this section as a quick summary of Backuply’s service quality across its most important components.
Here’s how Backuply scored:
Features: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Safety / Security: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Ease of Use: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Price: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Support: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Growth: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)
Final Score: ★★★★★ (5/5 stars)