Optical character recognition (OCR) software allow you to quickly convert printed or handwritten text document into digital text. Say you want to quickly copy and edit text from an image on Instagram or a scanned photo. You can do that very easily without any time consuming with an Best OCR software.
Abest OCR will extracttext from PDF and images (JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF) and convert into editable
Word, Excel and Text output formats
There are a number of OCR software packages out there that are capable of doing this above task, and they mainly aim to make typing up text easier. Normally, if you are at a meeting and have to write important notes, you supposed to be expected to type it all into a Word document. A best OCR software makes these type of tasks very easier and quicker. In this post, we are going to highlight the best OCR software out there.
Best OCR Software (Optical Character Recognition)
1. Adobe Acrobat DC
A very recognisable platform at a price
Created by a renowned company
Handy signature features
Lack of eBook support
Adobe Acrobat is one of the most recognisable OCR software packages, although it’s placed at the higher-end of the market in terms of its cost. Of course, Acrobat is targeted at enterprises in particular, so it’s not likely to be cheap.
2. PDF OCR:
PDF OCR is based on OCR technology to convert scanned PDF paper books and documents into editable electronic text files fast and easily. PDF OCR has a build-in text editor which allows you to edit OCR result text without MS Word. PDF OCR also supports batch mode to OCR all pages of PDF file to text at a time.
3. Prizmo 2
Prizmo 2 is a revolutionary scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 40 languages with powerful editing capability, text-to-speech, and iCloud support.
1. Specific Processing for Business Cards, Multipage Texts and Images
2.Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
3. Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs…), camera tethering, connected and Wi-fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
4. State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese
5. Detection of 3 Types of Regions: texts, images and numbers
6. OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
7. Automatic Frame Detection & Text Orientation Detection
8. Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
9. Page Curvature Correction for Books and Magazines
10. Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
4. Easy Screen OCR
Easy Screen OCR helps users capture screenshot and grab text from images. Created by EasyScreenOCR
You can use Easy Screen OCR to capture a snapshot and start OCR process. this program will detect the text from the image and start OCR process immediately. You can extract the text to copy and paste in seconds.
Some of the great features of Easy Screen OCR are given below.
1.No More Retyping
No need to retype any text from images. Try this free OCR application to copy text.
2.Multiple Languages Recognition
Easy Screen OCR support recognizing more than 100 languages around the world.
No need to upload anything, just capture portion of the screen and then copy the text
Set your own hotkeys to make your Capture-OCR process more convenient.
5.Easy to Install
The OCR process is online which makes your local executive file much smaller (<6MB).
So there you have it – 5 great utilities for OCR Software. Some of these tools are really powerful. In the end, since almost all the paid solutions offer a free trial or demo, we recommend giving these a try yourself and see which one works best for you. And drop us a comment if you have further recommendations or feedback.