Host Metro was recently founded in 2012 which is specialize in offering only shared hosting.
They are also one of the only best web hosting company with a ‘guaranteed price lock’, so your pricing doesn’t jump 500% when it’s time to renew. In addition, they boast 99.9% up-time to round out a decent array of offerings for budget conscious customers.
Host Metro Review
Host Metro is a privately owned and managed web hosting company. The business was launched in 2003 and the management team have a combined total of over 50 years experience in the web hosting industry.
Host Metro is specialized in shared web hosting only. It has a decade of experience in this niche, so we can assume customers are in safe hands.
The key features of HostMetro are given below.
- MAXIMUM Hosting Space
- MAXIMUM Bandwidth
- UNLIMITED Domain Hosting
- UNLIMITED Email Accounts
- FREE* Domain Name
- FREE Website Builder
- FREE Script Installer
- 99% Uptime Guarantee
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 24/7 In House U.S. Support
- Price Lock Guarantee
Host Metro Hosting Plans
The shared hosting plans from Host Metro are easy to understand. There are just two options, the Mega Max Hosting plan and the Business Max Hosting plan. The longer the length of your contract, the cheaper the monthly fee.
On both plans, customers get ‘maximum’ disk space and bandwidth. This is a bit of a strange clause. It actually means customers are set a quota, and Host Metro says that the quotas are enough to satisfy 95% of their customers’ needs. Customers can request more space if they need it, but they will be turned down if 15% of the existing space is taken up by files that aren’t used to build the website. This is all rather vague; it’s designed to prevent customers from using the service as a file storage facility, but some people won’t feel comfortable without figures to rely on.
Both hosting plans include unlimited FTP accounts, MySQL databases, weekly backups and site builders. Customers can use unlimited domains and set up unlimited email accounts
HostMetro only offers shared hosting. Here’s a quick overview of their shared hosting plans:
- Mega Max plan: This plan starts at $2.95 per month. It includes unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth and support for unlimited websites.
- Super Max plan: This plan starts at $6.95 per month. It includes unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth and support for unlimited websites. It also comes with a free SSL certificate, daily malware scan and advanced security.
For detail information click here.
Benefit Of Host Metro:
- Ease of Signup: Signup process is a bit difficult. This could be easier.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card, PayPal.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: Accounts are limited to 200,000 inodes, 10 percent CPU and memory. In the event that you exceed this limit, your account might be suspended and you won’t be eligible for a refund.
- Upsells: A few upsells.
- Account Activation: Can take long. You can make activation instant by paying a $5 fee.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: cPanel.
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): Easy 1-click install of popular apps and CMSs with Softaculous.
Execellent Customer support:
Contact HostMetro: Find below customer service, support of HostMetro webhosting, including phone and address. You can reach the below contact for queries on HostMetro webhosting solutions, cheap hosting packages, deals/discounts, technical support, hosting payment, renewal or others.
Available from 9am to 5pm (CST) via Phone,
Chat and Email
Login Here for Support
Available 24×7 via Phone, Chat and Email
Available M-F 9am to 5pm (CST)
via Phone, Chat, and Email
Toll Free: (800) 485-9730
Intl: +1 (310) 693-6200
Price Lock Guarantee
Most webhosting companies suck you in with a very low rate the first time you signup with them.
However when your plan is up and it’s time to renew, that low rate disappears and your price can double or even triple seemingly overnight.
HostMetro bucks that trend though, guaranteeing your initial registration rate – even for future renewals!
That’s a tremendous deal, offering a huge price advantage if you plan on sticking with them long-term.
HostMetro Review Conclusion
HostMetro’s “Price Lock” slogan is indeed backed up by attractive pricing, however, you do need to make a serious long-time commitment to their services to benefit from low prices. Besides budget shared hosting plans these plans fully fall into the pocket-friendly hosting category.