Not too long ago, the only way to get secure network is take a VPN account and then configure it for your devices. This was tedious and required a complex setup. VPN routers are routers that have been configured to connect to a VPN service. But now many modern routers have a VPN client built in, which can usually be configured via the router’s admin page. To aid in this quest, we are going to break down some of the key features of a VPN router, and take a look at ten of the best VPN routers on the market.
A VPN router is designed to encrypt data information in your system by routing it via a specific network of other remote servers. A virtual private network, establishes a secure connection between different sites (two or more) with strong encryption code. Some the great features of VPN routers are given below.
- Hide your useful information on the internet from others.
- Blocks and other forms of censorship.
- You can easily access services such as US Netflix and BBC iPlayer from another country.
- Download and torrent easily and safely.
- Easily handle phishing sites and block it.
- Every device that connects to the router is protected by the VPN.
- This includes devices that cannot run VPN software themselves, such as smart TVs, games consoles etc.
Top 6 VPN Routers for 2018
The easiest and best way to choose a VPN Router buy one that is pre-configured for a specific best VPN service. This means the router like DD-WRT or Tomato are the top in the list of best VPN routers because it has pre-installed VPN firmware. The firmware replaces the router’s original built-in OS, allowing it to be configured for any specific VPN.
Take a look at our choices for the best VPN router devices to find the best one that works for you.
ZyXEL ZyWall VPN router is a well-known name in the VPN router arena. This router is one of the best pre-configured VPN router used all over the world. ZyWALL Series VPN firewalls are designed to deliver the fastest performance for multi-site deployments. Some of the great feature of ZyXEL ZyWall VPN are given below.
- Safer, more reliable VPN connections
- Zero-configuration remote access
- Swift and secure firmware upgrades
- Best TCO for Access Expansion
- Robust hybrid VPN (IPSec/SSL/L2TP over IPSec)
- Facebook WiFi, Intelligence social media authentication.
Amazon best price: $430/ month
Cisco system Gigabit is a high performance router it easily manages large files and concurrent users. It is very much simple, highly secure access which connects multiple locations and remote workers using VPN. It’s setup wizards is very easy to use which reduce configuration time to minutes;
The Cisco RV325 Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router offers given below features:
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports for load balancing and business continuity
- Built-in 14-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Strong security with proven stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall and hardware encryption
- High-capacity, high-performance SSL and IP Security (IPsec) VPN capabilities
- Intuitive, browser-based device manager and setup wizards
Amazon best price: $173/month
It is best VPN router for home office which capable of supporting up to five concurrent IPSec VPN site-to-site or client-to-site tunnels. It has great feature that any home office user want.
- Built-in firewall
- Bandwidth management
- Access control to keep unwanted users away
- HiPER 518 supports VPN failover
- Take redundant backup that allows a VPN to move immediately from one WAN connection to another if the first connection drops.
- Best data protection in emergency
Amazon best price: $167/month
4. ASUS RT-AC68U:
Asus have been consistent champion in the VPN router industry. It gives you easy access to the 30-second, 3-step web-based installation process. ASUS RT is a web-based router, so it doesn’t need a separate app, or restrict to mobile devices — you get full access to everything, from any device that can run a web browser.
With the help of this router you can easily connect up to 16 types of client devices like laptops, PCs, mobile phones, game consoles and many more. Some of the best features of ASUS RT are given below.
- 3200 Mbit/s Gigabit WiFi
- 4 Ethernet-Ports
- Tri-band Wifi
- TomatoUSB Firmware installed
- 3 Month Support by FlashRouters
Amazon best price: $140/month
5. Linksys WRT1900ACS DD-WRT
It is a typical small business type router which can manage up to 50 IPSec tunnels for both site-to-site and client-to-site VPN control. It is a without a browser-based SSL VPN, which might be a mandatory requirement in some business or enterprise settings.
- CPU: 1.6 GHz dual core
- Ram: 512MB
- Flash: 256MB
- Antennas: 4 external
- USB: USB 3.0, USB 2.0 (also eSATA)
- Transfer rates: 450Mbps 2.4GHz, 1450 Mbps 5GHz
Amazon best price: $178/month
If you know which VPN router from above is the best suit to you, the next step is to choose the right VPN, if you haven’t already. If you’re still searching for the right one service, then keep visiting this page for more new best VPN routers,